Botanical garden

Description:
In 1935, by the initiative of the Science Academy of Armenia in the north of Yerevan on the area of 105 ha was founded the Yerevan Botanical Garden. In 1954 the part called “Flora and Fauna of Armenia” was created in the garden which included about 1000 names of plants. In 60-70s the garden included about 5000 plants. In the recent 10-15 years nearly half of the species disappeared, particularly tropical plants.

Address: Yerevan, 1 Acharyan Str.